August 03, 2023
Hills & Dales Host 2nd Fifth Saturday Event
The employees at Hills & Dales Healthcare participated in their second “Fifth Saturday” event! Fifth Saturday is an event that Hills & Dales created for employees and their families to connect and unite in an effort to make a difference in our community.
This Fifth Saturday focused on giving back to the communities in which we serve. Each employee was given a $100 bill to pay it forward. Here are some of the fantastic ways that money was used:
- Tipping the whole $100 to a waitress/waiter.
- Paying for someone’s groceries (where another individual paid it forwarded to someone else).
- Helped a cancer survivor pay for her bills from cancer treatments.
- Paying for someone to get their car washed.
- Visited a patient at MediLodge that did not have visitors often and bought them flowers.
- Purchased a shower chair for a patient who needed it.
- Gave the money to a family to pay for new clothing & school supplies for their children.
- Paid for an individual tank of gas.
- Put the donation towards the Cass City Theater for new chairs.
- Paid library fines for 3 individuals.
The employees at Hills & Dales were so excited to have the opportunity to give back to their community on behalf of Hills & Dales Healthcare.
Hills & Dales’ next “Fifth Saturday” event will be held in September. Check out Hills & Dales Healthcare’s website at www.hdhlth.org for more pictures of this event.